Hi there, Robyn here.
In 2010 I started Hobart Walking Tours. I had a fabulous time doing all the research and writing all the tour content to create the best, most interesting, most accurate history tours of Hobart.
In 2018 I realised it was time to move on and focus on a few other projects, so the wonderful Lisa, one of my guides, bought Hobart Walking Tours and is doing a brilliant job of being the lead guide and business owner.
The projects I’m working on now are:
- Hobart History – which, as you are reading this, you have found it. That’s great!
- Tour content creation:
- Tour guide training – having run a successful training and development company in Perth, WA 2002 – 2010 it was an easy thing to train my own tour guides for Hobart Walking Tours. I am now busy training tour guides for:
- volunteer organisations such as the Friends of the Orphan Schools at St John’s Park precinct, New Town
- Tasmanian Parks & Wildlife
- National Trust, Tasmania
- Books! such a lot of books I want to write. There are two on the go at the moment, and they both have a focus on the buildings of Hobart. More details about them when we get closer to the launch date.
Something that is a lot of fun is Open House Hobart which usually occurs early in November each year. Since 2015 I have been invited to lead an architectural styles tour of Hobart that I have researched and written. It’s called “What Style is That.” If you are unsure how to tell your Classical from your Gothic and your Doric from your Ionic, then spend 90 minutes walking around Hobart with me and find out more. Keep an eye on the OHH events to book your spot.
So you can see where my interests are: Hobart, history, buildings, heritage – and bringing all that to as many people as humanly possible.